OsteoStim supplements are a potent blend of antioxidants, vitamins, milk basic protein and medicinal herbs uniquely formulated to encourage normal bone metabolism (bone resorption and formation), support individuals with low bone density (osteopenia and osteoporosis), and manage the metabolic processes of osteoporosis.
$47.75 – $136.00
Out of stock
OsteoStim® supplements are a potent blend of antioxidants, vitamins, milk basic protein and medicinal herbs uniquely formulated to encourage normal bone metabolism (bone resorption and formation), support individuals with low bone density (osteopenia and osteoporosis), and manage the metabolic processes of osteoporosis.
Non-GMO and Gluten Free
OsteoStim includes vitamin D3, vitamin K2 (MK-4 and MK-7), biotin, alpha lipoic acid, N-acetyl cysteine, berberine HCL, MBP® (milk basic protein), L-taurine, and milk thistle extract – key effectors in the metabolism of bone resorption and formation.
This unique complex contains effective levels of compounds that help to:
- Improve calcium absorption and reduce calcium loss in the urine
- Dampen chronic inflammation (a cause of increased osteoclastic bone)
- Limit NF-kB production (a key to reducing inflammation and osteoclast activity)
- Repress PPAR-gamma activity (encourages more osteoblast and less fat cell formation in the bone marrow)
- Activate osteocalcin production (vital for bone crystal formation)
- Stimulate osteoblast (bone building cells) activity
- Reduce osteoclast (bone destroying cells) bone destruction activity.
Serving Size: 3 capsules
Servings per container: 30
Supplemental Facts Amount Per Serving
Vitamin D3 1,000 IU (cholecalciferol)
Vitamin K 750 mcg (700 and 50) (K2-MK4 and MK7)
Biotin 3 mg
Alpha lipoic acid 200 mg **
N-acetyl cysteine 600 mg **
Berberine HCL 250 mg **
Curcumin Phytosome: curcuminoids and phosphatidylchoiline complex 100mg
Grape Extract (BioVin®) standardized to contain 75% polyphenols 75 mg
MBP® 40 mg (Milk Basic Protein) **
L-Taurine 200 mg **
Milk thistle seed extract 200 mg **
** Daily value not established
Other ingredients: Vegetable capsule, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide
Info/Benefits of ingredients included in OsteoStim:
– An estimated 80% of elderly women are vitamin D deficient.
– Low levels results in reduced bone mass and poor muscle function.
– Serum vitamin D levels are associated with higher bone density.
– Doses greater than 800 IU/day of vitamin D can prevent fractures.
– Daily doses of 700 to 800 IU lowers the risk of hip fracture 26% and any non-vertebral fracture by 23% (Bischoff-Ferrai, 2005)
– Vitamin D supplementation is linked to reduced risk of falls.
Vitamin K2-MK4 and MK7:
– There are three major forms of vitamin K: vitamin K1 (from vegetables), vitamin K2-MK4 (from animal products), and K2-MK7 (from fermented soy).
– Numerous studies show the positive benefits of vitamin K for skeletal and vascular health (reduces arterial calcification).
– K2 is able to act as a cofactor for all vitamin K-required activities in the body.
– Vitamin K2-MK4 is found in mother’s milk, in eggs, and in organ meat, all key sources of nutrition in a hunter/gatherer’s lifestyle of the past a clear argument that we evolved genetically to use MK4. MK7 may have a longer half-life than MK4. Therefore, by combining the benefits of both MK4 and MK7 OsteoStim brings you greater biological benefits especially in the realm of bone health.
– Excellent for maintaining bone health and some of vitamin K1 is actually converted by the body into K2-MK4. Both vitamin K2-MK4 and MK7 are beneficial for bone health and when taken together they have an additive beneficial effect.
– Vitamin K deficiency is associated with reduced bone mineral density and increased fracture risk. (McKeown, 2002) (Feskanich, 1999) (Szulc, 1994)
– Acts as a cofactor in the gamma-carboxylation of glutamic acid residues of many calcium-binding proteins important to bone formation.
– Osteocalcin, a vitamin K-dependent protein, is necessary for apatite crystal formation and as a hormone in the stimulation of insulin release and energy metabolism.
– Low levels of vitamn K-dependent carboxylated osteocalcin or high levels of under-carboxylated osteocalcin carry an increased risk for femoral neck fracture. (Vermeer, 1991)
– Necessary for reducing renal calcium loss.
– A water-soluble B-complex vitamin, it is necessary for cell growth and stores may be lowered with increased supplemental intake of alpha-lipoic acid.
– An essential cofactor for mitochondrial (energy production) activity
– Powerful antioxidant, reduces ROS (free radicals), and protects us from oxidative damage
– Helps reduce the damaging effects of pro-inflammatory cytokines (Il1, Il6) and NF-kB and their ability to hyper-stimulate osteoclast activity that results in excessive bone loss.
– Prevents osteoclast formation. (Ha, 2006) (Koh,2005) (Kim, 2006)
– Inhibits NF-kB activation by RANKL in osteoclasts and reduces ROS signaling. (Kim, 2006)
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) and L-taurine:
– Helps regenerate glutathione, the body’s most powerful antioxidant
– Inhibits NF-kB
– Helps restore estrogen-dependent regeneration of glutathione peroxidase which lowers ROS and decreases osteoclastic bone resorption. (Lean, 2003) (Jagger, 2005) (Altken, 2004)
– Stimulates osteoblast cell differentiation. (Jun, 2008)
– An herb that inhibits osteoclastic bone resorption and prevents bone loss in ovariectomized rats. (Li, 1998) (Li, 1999)
– Promotes osteoblast differentiation and the formation of bone. (Lee,2008)
– Prevents glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis by inhibiting bone resorption and improving bone formation in rats. (Xu, 2010)
– Reduces bone loss by inhibiting osteoclasts (Wei, 2009) (Hu, 2008)
(Milk Basic Protein)(MBP® is produced under multiple patents. This trademark is a registered trademark of MEGMILK SNOW BRAND CO, Ltd):
– This natural protein is a trace component of both human and bovine whey. It is unique in that it has been shown to help increase the number of bone forming osteoblast cells while simultaneously regulating excess activity of the bone destroying osteoclasts. The result, a natural stabilization of bone’s remodeling process through the promotion of bone formation and inhibition of bone resorption. Research has shown that supplementing with 40 mg/day of Milk Basic Protein increases bone density (Uenishi, 2007). Since Milk Basic Protein is a component of whey, most individuals with an allergy or sensitivity to the casein and/or lactose portions of dairy are able to tolerate this product. Individuals with a sensitivity to whey may want to avoid this product.
– Important co-factor for balanced bone remodeling activity
– Acts to enhance bone growth factors
– Stimulates osteoblast bone matrix formation and inhibits the production of osteoclasts and their excessive bone resorbing action
Milk Thistle (silymarin):
– Potent therapeutic agent promoting bone-forming osteoblasts and reducing osteoclast bone resorption in cell cultures. (Kim, 2012)
– This medicinal herb is a powerful flavonoid that helps decrease oxidative stress by replenishing the body’s stores of glutathion.
– Dietary flavonoid intakes are associated with higher bone mineral density. (Hardcastle, 2010)