OsteoStim®: OsteoStim® is the heart and soul of OsteoNaturals. This unique formulation is a potent blend of antioxidants, vitamins and medicinal herbs designed to aid in the reduction of chronic inflammation and encourage normal bone metabolism. OsteoStim® contains effective levels of compounds that help to: improve calcium absorption and reduce calcium loss in the urine; dampen chronic systemic inflammation (a cause of increased osteoclastic bone resorption); limit NF-κB production (a key to reducing inflammation and osteoclast activity); repress PPAR-gamma activation (therefore encourages more osteoblast and less fat cell formation in the bone marrow); regulate key elements of inflammatory signaling involved in the RANK/RANKL/OPG system of bone remodeling; activate osteocalcin production and carboxylation (vital for bone crystal formation); reduce premature osteoblast cell death; stimulate osteoblast activity; facilitate hydroxyapatite deposition in bone matrix; enhance immune function; improve muscle strength to aid in the prevention of falls; reduce free radicals and oxidative stress; reduce excessive formation of bone-destroying osteoclast cells; reduce osteoclastic activity and bone destruction; stimulate bone formation; and prevent bone loss.* For any individual with osteopenia or osteoporosis, 3 to 4 capsules/day of OsteoStim®, along
with OsteoSustain™ and/or OsteoMineralBoost™, will go a long way in helping to improve bone health. OsteoStim® is non-GMO and gluten free. Recommended dosage: 3 tablets daily.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
OsteoStim® 1 bottle (90 capsules)
OsteoStim® A potent blend of antioxidants,vitamins and medicinal herbs OsteoStim® is designed to encourage normal bone metabolism and a reduction in bone resorption markers (NTx, CTx,and DPD). (Bone resorption markers are laboratory tests that measure the amount of bone collagen in either the blood or urine. Elevated bone resorption markers are used as secondary surrogate indicators of bone loss.) OsteoStim® contains vitamin D, vitamin K2 (MK-4 and MK-7), biotin, alpha lipoicacid, N-acetyl cysteine, berberine, milk basic protein, L-taurine, curcumin phytosome (curcuminoids and phosphatidylcholine complex), grape extract (BioVin®) and milk thistle, key effectors in the metabolism of bone resorption andformation. OsteoStim ® is non-GMO and gluten free.
This unique complex contains effective levels of compounds that help to:
• Improve calcium absorption and reduce calcium loss in the urine.
• Dampen chronic inflammation (a cause of increased osteoclastic bone resorption).
• Limit NF-κB production (a key to reducing inflammation and osteoclast activity).
• Repress PPAR-gamma activity (therefore encourages more osteoblast and less fat cell formation in the bone marrow).
• Regulate key elements of inflammatory signaling involved in the RANK/RANKL/OPG system of bone remodeling.
• Activate osteocalcin production (vital for bone crystal formation).
• Reduce premature osteoblast cell death
• Stimulate osteoblast activity.
• Facilitate hydroxyapatite deposition in bone matrix.
• Enhance immune function.
• Improve muscle strength to aid in the prevention of falls.
• Reduce free radicals and oxidative stress.
• Reduce excessive formation of bone-destroying osteoclast cells.
• Reduce osteoclastic activity and bone destruction.
• Stimulate bone formation.
• Prevent bone loss.
Vitamin D3 (1,000 IU):
• An estimated 80% of elderly women are vitamin D deficient (<20 ng/ml). Blood levels should be maintained between 40 and 60 mg/ml for optimal calcium absorption and immune system response.
• Low levels results in reduced bone mass and poor muscle function.
• Serum vitamin D levels are associated with higher bone density.
• Doses greater than 800 IU/day of vitamin D can prevent fractures.
• Daily doses of 700 to 800 IU lowers the risk of hip fracture 26% and any non-vertebral fracture by 23%.
• Vitamin D supplementation is linked to reduced risk of falls.
Vitamin K2-MK4 (700 mcg) and K-2-MK7 (50 mcg):
• Vitamin K2 is an important cofactor for all vitamin K-required activities in the body. There are two important forms of vitamin K2. MK4 is the form that is naturally synthesized by the body from vitamin K1, and MK7 is from natto—a food product made from fermented soybeans.
• Vitamin K2-MK4 is not only the form of vitamin K2 that has been the most researched, but it also has been shown to be the only form of vitamin K able to activate a critical step in collagen formation not seen with K1 or K2-MK7.
• Vitamin K2-MK7 may have a longer blood plasma half-life than MK4. For this reason, OsteoStim® includes this form of vitamin K2 thereby ensuring a continuous,effective level of vitamin K2 availability to the bones for optimal carboxylation andactivation of osteocalcin.
• Activates genetic expression of osteoblasts through a PKA-dependent mechanism.
• Vitamin K deficiency is associated with reduced bone mineral density and increasedfracture risk.
• Vitamin K2 acts as a cofactor in the gamma-carboxylation of glutamic acid residuesof many calcium-binding proteins important to bone formation, the most importantof which is osteocalcin from osteoblasts.
• Osteocalcin, a vitamin K-dependent protein, is necessary for hydroxyapatite crystalformation and as a hormone for the stimulation of insulin release and energymetabolism.
• Low levels of vitamin K-dependent carboxylated osteocalcin, or high levels of under-carboxylated osteocalcin, carry an increased risk for femoral neck fracture.
• Necessary for reducing renal calcium loss.
• Vitamin K2 has been shown to build bone density.
Biotin (3,000 mcg):
• A water-soluble B-complex vitamin, it is necessary for cell growth. Stores may be decreased with supplemental intake of alpha-lipoic acid.
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (200 mg):
• An essential cofactor for mitochondrial activity and energy production
• Powerful and unusual antioxidant in that it can attack free radicals in both fat and water-soluble tissues. A key attribute for its ability to reduce abnormal levels of cytokine activity within the fatty marrow of bone.
• Reduces reactive oxygen species (ROS) (free radicals), and protects cells from oxidative damage.
• Reduces the damaging effects of proinflammatory cytokines (Il-1, Il-6) and NF-κB and their ability to hyper-stimulate osteoclast bone resorbing activity.
• Attenuates bone loss associated with TNF-α induced ROS and oxidative stress. 86
• Inhibits Cox-2 activity, PGE2 production, and sustained RANKL expression thereby inhibiting osteoclast formation and bone loss in vitro.
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) (600 mg):
• Estrogen deficiency induces bone loss through increased ROS production. N-acetyl cysteine’s antioxidant activity restores estrogen-dependent regeneration of glutathione peroxidase to help lower ROS and therefore reduce osteoclast cell formation and bone resorption.
• ROS and TNF-α not only stimulate osteoclast resorption but also suppress osteoblast differentiation.
• ROS is a potent inducer of the pro-inflammatory cytokines IL1, IL6, and TNF-α and are key players in estrogen-deficient bone loss.
• Lowers activation of NF-κB
• Stimulates osteoblast differentiation.
Taurine (200 mg):
• An organic sulfonic acid that aids in the digestion of fats
• Vital for optimal muscle function and maintains biologically balanced cellular levels of potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium
• Helps maintain bone homeostasis by directly inhibiting osteoclast cell formation through the taurine transporter.
Berberine HCL (250 mg):
• Inhibits osteoclastic activity and increase in bone mineral density in mice.
• Balances kinase (AMPk) signaling when RANKL levels are excessive thereby decreasing NF-κB production in osteoclasts.
• Represses PPAR-gamma thereby limiting fat cell production in bone marrow and increasing osteoblast formation.
• Stimulates osteoblast bone formation through Runx2.
• Prevents glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis by inhibiting bone resorption and improving bone formation in rats.
• Reduces bone loss by inhibiting osteoclast formation, differentiation, and bone resorption.
Curcumin Phytosome: (100 mg):
• Curcuminoids and phosphatidylcholine complex for enhanced bioavailability (curcumin typically has poor absorpiton)
• Lowers systemic markers of inflammation
• Decreases lipid peroxides
• Lowers TNF-alpha and NF-KB
• Improves bone density
• Reduces bone loss by inhibiting osteoclast formation, differentiation, and bone resorption.
Grape Extract: (75 mg)
• BioVin® - standardized to contain 75% polyphenols
• Enhanced collagen synthesis
• Improves bone density through a duel action of reducing osteoclastic activity and boosting osteoblastic bone formation
• Reduces inflammation.
MBP® (Milk Basic Protein) (40 mg):
• A fraction of whey, milk basic protein promotes bone formation and inhibits boneresorption. A potent immune regulator rich in lactoferrin and other glycoproteinssuch as immunoglobulins that promotes osteoblastic activity and reduces osteoclasticbone resorption through the inhibition of proinflammatory cytokines IL-1 IL-6,and TNF-α
• The lactoferrin in MBP® helps reduce inflammation. It promotes osteocalcin productionand bone formation.
• Lactoferrin promotes intestinal absorption of essential trace minerals while limitingintestinal mucosal absorption of heavy metal ions.
Milk Thistle (silymarin) (200 mg):
• A powerful flavonoid that suppresses osteoclasts through the attenuation of RANKL and promotes osteoblastogenesis (the formation of osteoblasts and their ability to form new bone).
• A medicinal herb and potent antioxidant that helps decrease oxidative stress by replenishing the body’s stores of glutathione.
• Inhibits osteoclast differentiation mediated by TNF superfamily.(Tumor necrosis factor transmembrane proteins are involved in cell development and regulation of immune cell functions. Excessive production of TNF proteins contribute to the development of human diseases including cancer, autoimmune diseases, and
• Dietary flavonoid intakes are associated with higher bone mineral density.
$10 Flat shipping fee anywhere in the United States. No International shipping.