Search
  • R. Keith McCormick, DC

Mode of Action and Safety of our New Product: OsteoCollagen-Pep

Protein is the macronutrient used by the body to synthesize collagen, the foundation of bone. Dietary protein is broken down into amino acids, absorbed, and then used as building blocks to form all body tissues, including bone. Supplemental collagen protein powder is an excellent source of amino acids necessary for bone formation and repair. This is why people who supplement with collagen powder have stronger bones. The collagen found in bone is type I, a triple helical molecule made of repeat glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline amino acids. The collagen used in the production of OsteoNaturals' OsteoCollagen-Pep is unique among collagen products as it not only provides the amino acids necessary for collagen synthesis, but it also provides specific Bioactive Collagen Peptides® that have been clinically shown to promote bone building activity. Approximately 10% of the Bioactive Collagen Peptides® in OsteoCollagen-Pep™ is absorbed intact and able to bind directly to receptor sites on bone cells. The other 90% is broken down into amino acids providing substrate for building bone.

In a 2017 study of 131 postmenopausal women, just 5 grams a day for one year increased P1NP (a bone formation marker), and improved bone mineral density in the spine by 4% and in the femoral neck by 7%. By providing the basic amino acid building blocks for quality bone formation AND Bioactive Collagen Peptides® that stimulate cells to build bone, OsteoCollagen-Pep™ provides a dynamic one-two-punch that epitomizes OsteoNaturals' slogan: "Where Bone Strength Begins®". Regarding the safety of OsteoCollagen-Pep:   Fortibone is FDA approved. We procure the raw material (Fortibone by Gelita) from Germany so it actually undergoes strict testing that is compliant with all relevant European legislation as to the welfare of the animals, farming practices, and processing. All raw materials have been inspected by a licensed veterinarian before and after slaughter. Fortibone is compliant with FDA 21 CFR parts 211, 226,300, 500, 530, 600, 895, and 1271 and the "Use of materials derived from cattle in medical products intended for use in humans and drugs intended for use in ruminants."  Also, FDA 21 CFR parts 189, 700 "Use of materials derived from cattle in human food and cosmetics; and record-keeping requirements for human food and cosmetics manufactured from, processed with, or otherwise containing material from cattle" It also complies with the Japanese Ministry of health, labor and Welfare and its Specifications and Standards for Food and Food Additives under the Food Sanitation Act". Fortibone has been granted the USA GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe" status by the FDA (SCOGS-Report Number 58). In statements by both the European Commission Scientific Steering Committee and US FDAs Guidance for Industry division they consider this product not at risk with regard to TSEs (Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies). GMOs and hormones are very stringently controlled in Europe and GMOs are not approved in meat production. In addition to following all the hygienic and sanitary regulations for food manufacturing in Germany, the product complies with all European legislation that designates products to be fit for human consumption. Also, the product undergoes bacteriological analysis and production processes guarantees that Salmonella and other infectious pathogenic germs are effectively inactivated.   And, as always,...it passes my assessment for what I think is safe and effective for anything that has the OsteoNaturals label on it. 

(These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.)

161 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All
CONTENTS OF THIS WEB PAGE ARE FOR THE PURPOSE OF INFORMATION AND EDUCATION ONLY, AND NOT A GUIDE TO DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT  OF A PARTICULAR DISORDER OR ITS SYMPTOMS.

145 Old Amherst Road 

Belchertown, MA 01007

Tel:  413-253-9777

Fax: 413-253-7290

  • Twitter - Black Circle
  • Facebook - Black Circle

Copyright © 2019 mccormickdc.com

We Accept Debit/Credit Cards through PayPal Checkout - No Account Needed.