Low-level inflammation causes bone loss. It can also set the stage for other diseases. Heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, depression, and even cancer all share a common unifying factor with osteoporosis: chronic, systemic inflammation. You will want to eliminate whatever is causing inflammation in your life. This means food allergens, microbial overgrowth, hormonal imbalances, environmental toxins and emotional stress. And, specific to bone health, you will also need to take several important antioxidants and medicinal herbs.
Here is how you do it:
- Reduce stress. I know this can be difficult, but it is an important step for improving bone health. *
- Eat frequently. It is stressful on the adrenal glands to go for 6 hours or more without eating. *
- Eliminate food allergens and sensitivities (such as gluten). *
- Reduce pro-inflammatory foods such as red meat, excess dairy, sugar and hydrogenated fats.
- Increase anti-inflammatory foods such as green vegetables, fish, berries, seeds, avocados, olive oil, and nuts.
- Supplement your diet with OsteoNaturals to provide optimal amounts of calcium, magnesium, trace minerals, and vitamins K and D.
- Supplement your diet with antioxidants such as vitamins C, E, and K, zinc, selenium, manganese, molybdenum, DHEA, ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10), alpha-lipoic acid, N-acetyl cysteine, milk thistle, carotenoids, quercetin, rutin, ginger, resveratrol, leucine, taurine, lycopene, green tea EGCG, and curcumin. We have found alpha-lipoic acid, N-acetyl cysteine, taurine, milk thistle, and apo-lactoferrin (all in OsteoStim) to be the most effective for improving skeletal health.
Ingest an optimal amount of quality protein for muscle and bone growth. Milk Basic Protein (MBP®) and Bioferrin 1000 (in OsteoStim), are components of milk whey, and have been shown to promote bone formation and inhibit bone resorption.
- Use probiotics for improved gastrointestinal health and better digestion and absorption of nutrients. *
- Regulate kinase enzymes (these relay inflammatory messages to the cells). We do this with berberine which is in our OsteoStim.
* If these are issues for you, talk with your doctor about resources that can put you on track for a successful outcome.